Thursday, November 20, 2008

tamale day



After months of begging Ellie to teach us how to make homemade tamales.... she finally gave in.

We - Delores, Andrea, Michelle, Liz, myself & Ellie brought everything in our kitchen and met at 10 am and worked until 8 pm for 5 dozen tamales. We cooked meat, we made rue, we mixed masa, we mixed masa, and we were still mixing our masa.... especially Delores, and then we finally rolled our tamales. I will say that the first ones were quite thin & nice... towards the end the tamales became bigger and bigger and had more meat in them. I like to think of them as a big girl tamale.
It was a lot of work, but well worth it. We had a ton of fun & will be eating tamales for quite a while.

Thanks Ellie!!!!

1 comment:

Dave and Ginger said...

I would say I want to learn how to make them, but since I can buy yummy ones for $7/dozen, I won't. :) Want me to mail you some???